Tuesday, October 28, 2014

20 regular please

Have you ever looked around at some novelty and antique shops or even dorm rooms and see a sign that says.  "Jersey Girls dont pump Gas!"  if not, I guess you know where I am going with this one.  Yes, we don't pump our own gas and we have no problem with it.  What many people don't understand is that it is actually a law.  The reason behind this is to keep the drivers safe. We understand that pumping gas is not as hard as it looks and going to school in New York, I have pumped my own gas, at first I had no idea what I was doing. But after the first time, I got the hang of it.  Also, New Jersey is not the only state who has such laws, Oregon does also.   Its not because New Jersey people are lazy or are stupid, its because we have people whose job is to fill up tanks and we want to keep the driver safe.  When people ask why New Jersey people dont pump their own gas I usually give 2 answers. 1. "it gives people Jobs" and 2. "its a LAW deal with it."

For additional information: http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/oregonians-and-people-in-new-jersey-arent-allowed-to-pump-their-own-gas/

No comments:

Post a Comment